Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Lace Torture

Well I can't describe it as anything else. It's been like a two month beating. I don't know if it's actually been two months, but it feels like much longer than that. (I realize now that I must have started struggling with this pattern around the middle of March, which is of course just one month but I have been frustrated enough for at least two months) I have not mastered the supposedly two star easy lace stitch, but I am close. Is this how it's going to be for me? I can't just pick up something new? Is THIS the kind of knitter I am, one slow to learn and stupid? Sorry. It is. So, I tried everything. The black yarn was making me want to strangle myself with it and mom said, why don't you try a different color? I did, and I have over two feet of a baby yellow scarf nearly perfect....I mean, close enough to perfect, even for me. It hasn't been easy either. The hardest part of any knitting for me has been learning to see when I need to knit or purl (it sounds easy but like I said, I am stupid) well I got that. But when inevitable mistakes happen I was having trouble correcting them. I have tentatively learned how to fix flub ups. Sort of. I've at least done it a few times and haven't had to unravel to the end. I am persistent, I know that. But shouldn't I have gotten better at this? Nope. Not me. But will I quit? Nope! Not me! I will hopefully find other lace stitches easier to master in the future. (Sure I will) and in the mean time I have hopes of making a hat in the same stitch to go with this.....which is hilarious. I suppose winter should be my favorite season since I can't wear any of this stuff in the 100+ weather here in Oklahoma. Onward, onward!

No comments: