Friday, May 8, 2020

Knitting Thoughts

Knitting has been a great hobby for me. It’s quick easy and portable. You can do it anywhere. Of course it seems to drive those closest to me completely insane but I figure that’s going to happen anyway: everything I do is annoying.
I have made it so far through the lockdown with the yarn I had on hand- miles of it Thank God! And all the friends who get me yarn.  I am dreaming of starting the famous colorwork pattern ICEHOUSE and yearn to try something so difficult...I think I can do it if I take my time but I am pretty sure I will need the chart printed out. I have a beige and dark wine combo that would work except the heft of the yarn is thicker in the wine.
Honestly with the way things have gone the last decade or so this is really the only happiness I get. Blame it on isolation and enforced laziness but that’s how I feel.


Anyway I have enjoyed it and it’s kept my hands and mind busy and saved my sanity. And these have helped!


No comments: