Monday, December 23, 2013

Big Thanks to Kat!

Kat drew my name for Christmas at work, and outdid herself. She got me tons of yarn. I can hardly wait to start a hat and maybe wristlets. Something I haven't done in a while. I am working on a hat right now for my dearest friend at work, Pops. I just love him. What a freakin' kindred soul. Not only is he one of the most talented artists I have ever met, he likes the same music as me, and we have so much to talk about. I love that guy. So nice to have a friend at work like that. A woman I met the other day mentioned she might have some yarn to give away and I said, promptly, I AM A SERIOUS KNITTER. And the more I thought about it the more I liked it. It's true. I am a SERIOUS KNITTER. Thank God for this craft. I may never fully master it, I may never make a big bedspread or a sweater for anything more than a dog, but I love that I have jumped in and just started. Hell I was cable knitting the minute I figured how to purl on Youtube! What a comfort it has been. How many hospitals and car rides have I made endurable with some yarn and my knitting needles? I did make four hats for my friend Avalon, three navy and one multicolored, and then threw in another one for her as I drew her name for Christmas. I hope she wears it in good health. I look forward to 2014, and hope it's a better year than this one.

No comments: