Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sparkles

Finished the black hat, love it so much I am making a cowl. The plain and sparkly stripes are exact opposites of the yellow and orange I've worn all year. I plan to launder the old set and give them to someone on a cold day.
I haven't done anything baby doll in a while. I feel like my sewing is far too crappy to help my dear Cindy. She is so good, and I'm sloppy, ignorant and awful. It's hard to admit, since I've been sewing so long, but, like knitting, I didn't learn like a real person and I don't know the real way to do things. I don't think I'll ever be professional grade anything because I've wasted my life not doing what I should have. I'm too old to start at the beginning and too stupid to pick it up on my own. I are dumb.
***************************************************************************************
What a fucking downer! I cant' believe that's how I think. I have got to change that attitude! I'll never get anywhere thinking so badly of myself. Look at how far I'm gone- I may be a seat of the pants seamstress but I love doing it. I am ridiculous to discount how hard it was to learn to knit on my own, sew on my own, cook on my own. Nobody could ever teach me anything I guess.
I'll just keep doing what I can do, learning a bit at a time.
My favorite Dr. Martin Luther King quote of all time, "If you can't fly, run. If you can't run, walk. If you can't walk, crawl. But by all means keep moving forward." Somedays I have crawled, but I haven't given up yet.
Keep going!

No comments: