Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

I'm off today, and harboring plans- but there is a question of some stomach issues. I ate some delicious bbq and now I can't stop hiccuping and other grosser bodily functions and there isn't a Tums in the house to make it that much worse. I think they're in the car. I'm not going out there. Yet. We'll see how bad this gets. Bad enough to get me out of bed at 7!
Plan on sewing a bit- and of course knitting, probably on the Whoscarf. Which I am getting heartily tired of. I doubt I will make another one in this lifetime.
During my online research I have stumbled across many cool and informative sites dealing with 18th century fashion, etiquette and history. This makes me recall the olden days when I used to wander the stacks of the library and choose my books carefully, no more than three or four, those wondrous Claude Manceron books, the Dewey Decimal system, which I know intimately, having worked at the library in college. I loved that! I miss that. Oh, well. This is so much easier. I don't even have to put on shoes.

No comments: