Thursday, November 3, 2011

I'm Still Knitting

And knitting...and knitting some more! I made a hat for Patricia and am now on the scarf. It's hell to knit scarves, they are so very boring. But I'd be lost without my yarn and needles- case in point: Yesterday morning I had a doctor appointment. That is a whole other story I wont go in to, but, to shorten things, it's a miracle I even made it to it. I left the house, got about three blocks away and realized what I thought was a work in progress in my bag was actually a finished project and I was on the way to a waiting room with not only no needles but no yarn either. I stopped at my least favorite Ghetto WalMart three miles from the doctor's office, grabbed a set of needles and some baby purple yarn and went through the self service checkout, actually arriving to my appointment a little early. I was rolling the yarn into a ball in the car at stop lights. Note: I can't knit from a skein of yarn. It all HAS to be rolled into a ball. I don't know why. I've always been like that. I have tried, but the only way I can work is from a round ball of yarn that rolls off across the floor, is stolen by the cat, gets stuck under the car seat and leaves a trailing tail behind me wherever I go. It's that simple. Also, I like to use circular needles in the car so I don't drop one under the seat and lose it forever. Anyhow, I finished rolling the ball in the exam room, sitting in my drawers wearing a gown open at the front, thank you very much. I hadn't put a lot of thought into my wardrobe and I had a pair of panties on that had a spot of hair dye stain on them. GREAT. So I looked at the ball, the needles and wondered what I was going to knit. It turned out to be another scarf. This one for me. If I have enough yarn for it. So I'm working on two intensely boring projects. I was at the doctor's for two hours, so the flying trip to WalMart was completely worth it. I finished the baby things for Sarah's shower, which, somehow I thought was last night and nearly had an attack thinking I'd miss it. I don't know what's up with me. I do know I am stressed. But...who isn't? Today I am planning on taking my mom and brother and husband to the Dutch Pantry, which is a glorious buffet in Chouteau Oklahoma, where the coconut cream pie and banana pudding are all homemade and delightful. Oh, the rest of the food is great, too. But I go for the desserts. Let's not even play. I go for the sweet stuff.

No comments: