Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Epic Fail

I gave up the ripple stitch, for now, and found an easy lace pattern that nonetheless is still hard for me. During this stretch I have felt like the biggest knitting failure and the most awful idiot on earth for NOT BEING ABLE TO GET IT. Or, yeah, I got it, it just looks like shit. And moreover, there are insidious mistakes I can't repair. And I'm too stupid to figure it out. Damn damn damn...unravel, unravel, unravel.
Maybe I just tried to learn something when I was too old. You can't teach an old dog new tricks...and then I think of dad's articles for his work newspaper, You can teach an old dog new tricks, it just takes longer.
Oh, dear. Don't give up. Do give up. Keep at it, change to something less challenging....I don't know. I really don't know.
I'll probably just keep doing it. Badly.

No comments: