Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Basket Weaving

I am very much enjoying the basket weave stitch! I am making a scarf, very wide, in a sort of rusty cranberry kind of color, and a hat to match, also in the basket weave, which I have never tried before. I am reasonably happy with my progress, and going right along, despite the crippling bout of...bronchitis? Whatever it is I have. It started out as a virus and is now a bacterial infection. I am pitiful! If I felt better I would take pics. I have the crochet scarf done, a hat and scarf I made on huge needles with big thread, and the white hat with matching infinity scarf. And I am sitting next to a camera. Wish I felt better. It's ridiculous to be this sick. I plan on doing a little more crochet- because I should be able to do it and it isn't that hard and I have no idea why it's so bad when I get after it. But knitting will be my first love. I have had more fun making things than is humanly possible. Turtles, octopuses...octopi? Ponchos, and hats, hats, hats. I plan on having a different scarf for every cool day of the winter...whenever it gets here. And some scarves for cool days that just look awesome. No, I don't have a life.

No comments: