Saturday, September 28, 2013

Hissing and Growling

Well, the day has started out calm enough, but we'll see how it goes on. I am knitting a scarf, simple, stockinette with a garter stitch border, nothing special, and I plan on blocking it when I'm done because I am going to embroider it. Or try to. This might be a total mess, but I've got to try. I threw the throw into a basket where I am ignoring it, and I'm pretty much bouncing around small projects, alternately trying to work on the throw when I hit a dull spot. If I manage to make some flowers on this scarf I am going to try more challenging things- the duplicate stitch is something that sounds...FASCINATING!!! I am really excited to try. I have a vision of what I want the scarf to look like, and I hope it's doable. I am not just covering it with flowers, I see some on the ends, and then just a few vining along....if it works out at all. It may. It may not. But, there's always the throw to work on! It's getting too big to put in my bag. It has become a home project now! At least cold weather is coming, so I can use it as a lap robe while I work on it. I am looking forward to trying some of the things I've been thinking about! It's a pity it's all about knitting!

No comments: