Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cowl

I made Avalon a cowl in navy, which is so gorgeous. Every time I make one I think, I'm taking mine apart and creating it in a longer, thinner tube. I still may do.
Yesterday at work my friend Sandra, for whom I made a couple pair of slippers...in fact, she was the reason I decided to learn to make slippers...presented me with a Hobby Lobby bag of yarn, like, a BUNCH of yarn, and it's gorgeous I Love This Yarn yarn, the sparkly yarn, too, and I nearly cried. It's so beautiful, I balled it up already and I look so lovingly at my spheres of adventure stacked in the sewing room! I have only knit with very good yarn a few times, and I can't wait to get started. But I need to choose the perfect pattern and finish the Balaclava I am knitting for the Bug.
At least good things happen once in a while. I can't even describe how happy that made me.

No comments: