Friday, August 8, 2014

Trend

After the horrors of the blanket (which is in a gift bag, with the hat, hanging on a doorknob right now, ready to go to work with me) I am finding myself, as usual, at loose ends. What now? I am, of course, still on the Fuzzy Muffler (doesn't that sound like some kind of sad strip club?) and the possibility of dish cloths....and of course I can always knock out a hat in a few days....but I have the feeling that I'm forgetting something. Someone out there is pregnant, or has a grand kid on the way, and I am NOT knitting a hat for the baby right now. What I need to do is come up with a better set of baby booties. And I need to work on being a better crochet-er. Because there are so many adorable crochet patterns, and knit patterns, not so much. There are many things I need to do to expand my craft, and I plan on doing them all. I love needle work, it's a dying art in our fast-paced modern world where it certainly is cheaper to buy it ready made. But everyone needs something hand made, just for them. Probably a hat from me! But I always hit this slump when I finish a big project, which is why I usually keep multiple projects going. One big thing I can pick up any time and something little I can finish in a couple days. This is why I am the owner of so many hats. Once I perfect the muffler, that will be so much more fun to knit than a scarf. *What I really need to do is DUST. Not happening...today.

No comments: